Sunday, May 25, 2008

Boys are made of snails and puppy dog tails

Here's a little shout out for our cute boys, who are both growing like mad and changing very quickly too. Chase is really turning into a little boy and I swear has more and more energy everyday. He just goes and goes and goes....his energy and love of life really is never ending! Love it.

In two days Talan will be 9 months old. Crazy how fast that went! He is now crawling all over the place and has pulled himself up to stand a couple of times, usually when he is trying to get someone to pick him up. He is also clapping his hands and his feet, like a seal would, (my personal favorite!) when he gets excited. He still is just content and easygoing and usually very happy and such a joy to be around. He loves to explore and he has started to realize that he would rather be outside then anywhere else. Happy 9th month birthday to him!

I had to post this about Chasers, because seriously it just makes me laugh. We recently had a Jamba Juice built out by us. And all I can say is YUM! I am totally a Jamba Juice addict...I'll admit it. Taylor isn't that big of fan of them, but Chase on the other hand, I think loves them as much as I do. The other day Cort brought us each one on his way home from an appointment. And when I went outside to check on Chase I found him on the trampoline drinking his down while his dad was mowing the lawn. I couldn't resist and needed a picture of him. I ran outside with the camera and told him to look at me so I could take a picture and he said "just a sec, I'm drinkin' my jama uice!" He seriously melts my heart. Oh, and notice in Chase's left hand King the car from the Cars movie, Chase rarely goes anywhere without him or one of the other Cars characters. I think it's safe to say that he is DEFINITELY obsessed with everything that has anything to do with Cars the movie.


Talan got his first haircut the other day, thanks to Cort. Cort borrowed some clippers from my brother and gave him a little trim. Talan sat so still for it, and Cort did a great job. I swear, this kid is just mellow yellow, he is pretty much ok with just about anything! He is such a sweet little guy.

OK, so Chase the other day slept for a whopping 14+ hours, that's got to be a record of some sort! He has had a cough and running nose for about a week or two so we decided that we would keep him home from church and just let him take it easy. I just shut his door and was amazed when ten 'o' clock in the morning rolled around and he was STILL asleep! He finally woke up, when I accidently woke him up, while trying to get a picture of him. All that sleep must of been just what he needed though, cause he woke up just grinning from ear to ear.

Chase has always been so in love with Talan, from the day we brought him home. I will find them together playing side by side or sharing a treat of some sort, usually something that Talan is not suppose to have. For example, tonite I found Talan with a hot tamale, the candy, in his mouth, courtesy of Mr. Chase. I love that they are already so close. The other day I walked in the family room where they both were playing and found them sitting side by side with Chase's arm around Talan and I heard Chase tell him "I love you Tally Bryson Welker." Sooo cute! I can't stand it.

14 comments:

Brittany Savage said...

It's so cute that they love eachother that much at such a young age! I really miss these kids and need to get out there soon! Suzie is coming to visit for a few days tonight, maybe we can stop by and see them. :)

Grandma Luann said...

I second the comment from Brittany, they are both sooo cute, and Chase is a great big brother, I miss seeing them and not being able to watch them grow up, tears me up inside. It is very hard being a long distance grandma, Please tell them all how much we LOve them!!!!

Jenny and Mark said...

These pictures of your boys are so cute. It reminds me of how much Tanner loves Bridger-when I only had girls I couldn't imagine having boys, but there is just something about my boys-they are so sweet and so fun (and yes, very high energy). Your boys are darling and I love little Talon's haircut!

buchanancasa said...

That last picture is a killer! You should blow it up in their room when Talan is big enough to be in there with Chase. It is so tender.

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Ahh...that last picture is sooo sweet. And reading what Chase said to Talan brought a tear to my eye! I love little moments like that! What cute boys!!

Carlson Family said...

how cute! chase is so cute on the trampoline drinking his juice. i can't believe Talan just sat there when you cut his hair! Caden does not like it at all! Take care- hope to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

cute boys! 14 hours of sleep? Thats like a teenager! Awesome! I also saw Narnia II yesterday soooo good! Loved the first and Loved the second maybe even more than the first. Hope all is well!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Your kids are so cute! Love them

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I love them!! I love chasey on the phone he is a riot and talley does have one of the cutest faces I have ever seen!!!

colin and brooke thompson said...

Adorabale! It is so precious to see sibling love and affection! unforgetable moments!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Hey, in answer to your question...you need to have Picasa2 downloaded onto your computer. I love the program...you can do A LOT of cool stuff with it, and it is also where I organize my photos. But either way, there is an option to make a collage and then you save it to your computer and then add it like any other picture. Picasa is also where you can make the little slide shows on the side panel (since it is part of Google, this is the only program you can use to do this stuff..that I know of anyway). Let me know if you have any questions!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I take him to this place called dive utah but I know there is several locations...google Liz walker swim lessons and you can find it. Its a parent tot class. Its fun.

Casie said...

Those pictures are so cute! The one of Chase on the tramp...he looks like B a little to me in it. He definitely has the Peterson look to him. We should get the boys together to watch Cars. Brig would love a new movie partner. Sometimes I think he gets bored with mom and dad! :)

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

No I didnt take those pics I took him to this girl. He was horrible though so we were lucky to get any shots!!