Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's day recap

So this is a little late, but we had a wonderful Mother's Day! I actually got the extended version this year, because Taylor decided that the whole week before Mother's Day was Mother's week. Needless to say, I got lots of flowers from our trees and dandelions from our grass. As well as, several pictures she drew herself, one of them she hung right next to my bed so as she told me "it's the first thing I see when I go to bed at night." Love that girl! Well, we have church at 9am, but Cort still made time to make us all some yummy breakfast and give me my mother's day gift. He kept asking me what I wanted and I told him a filter for my camera. Well, that's what I got, as well as a little something to go with it! Of course, Cort had to make me work for it though. After I opened the filter, he had me go get my camera, which low and behold the filter didn't fit any of my lens!! Hmmm, I told him why didn't you ask the sales guy which one would be right. Well, Cort then pulls out a little bag and said maybe it will fit this lens. He got me a 85mm which is said to be a great lens for child potraits, which is basicly all I use my camera for, pictures of my kids. So, yes I was very excited! Church was so good too. I love that Mother's Day is on a Sunday and that we get to go to chruch on that day. Taylor sung with the primary in sacrament. And a little sidenote, she also bore her testimony for the second time in sacrament the week before. She is growing up so fast! Well, of course after church we packed up the car and headed over to Herriman Cove to try out the new len. My poor kids they just indulge me. I love being a mom and I love that I have such an amazing mom who taught me so much through her example about, among many other things, the importance of serving others and not just constantly thinking of yourself, she was so selfless, as well as ALWAYS trusting in the Lord. In a letter she left me before her passing she said that we never question the Lord because he always knows best, we are on his time table. Her strength and goodness are such an inspiration for so many. Thank goodness for mothers! I know so many great ones who I admire so much. And who not only influence me, but my sweet kids as well and for that I'm SO grateful! Hope all you mothers had a great day. Thanks for touching my life for the better, and for just being you. Here's a couple pictures of our kids that we took on Sunday. The sun was so bright. Talan wouldn't look at the camera to save his life! All he wanted was to put everything in his mouth from the grass to the rocks to the dirt. And Chase let me take THREE pictures of him in a row with him posing! Trust me that was a real treat! I guess that was his mother's day gift for me!



15 comments:

Casie said...

I hope I get a Mother's Week one day. That is sweet that Taylor decided to do that. Thanks for the compliment on the cakes, but they were really so simple. I just bought a Lightning McQueen cake pan mold and followed the outline on the cake when I was decorating it. It is so simple and I just bought mine online for a pretty good price. You could do it EASY!

buchanancasa said...

Wow, I really needed to hear that, especially the trust/timetable part. I always want to see the end from the beginning, and the Lord just doesn't work that way. What a great post, thanks so much. I always feel uplifted after looking at your blog. As usual, your kids are the cutest ever! Have fun with your new lens.

Carlson Family said...

I love the little flower in Taylors hair. I hope Caden gives me a Mothers Day week one year...I wish COLT would give me a MOther's day week! lol.

buchanancasa said...

Dear Monkeyhead,
I love you more than you think I love you. You look like a sweet cupcake. You're the best girl I ever met in my life. I know that your middle name is Debra. I like to do the monkeybars and the pole, just like you. I had to get one kindergarten shot.
Love, Eliza BooBoo Head

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

What happened to the massage? Okay a new lens is way better! You have such a wonderful family. I think we will look back at those pictures of everyone looking a different way and like them the best, the coloring in the pics turned out really good. You are such a wonderful mother and friend to me thanks! Love ya.

Brittany Savage said...

Looks like your new lens works great. They kids look extra adorable!

Anonymous said...

Sweet post, sounds like the perfect mother's day. Nice remarks about your mom. I can't believe she's been gone for almost 8 years, she was such a warm hearted lovely woman and was always so warm and inviting to me. I think she'd be proud of the mother you have become.

Grandma Luann said...

I loved the pictures. Those kids are the most beautiful children in the world!!!! Taylor, Chase, and Talan I am sending you a small package in the mail, from our trip to San Francisco. Love you lots, grandma

colin and brooke thompson said...

I still want your camera! Or maybe it's just your adorable children!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Wow! What a fun week! You have been blessed with sweet kids! I know that you have taught them well, and I'm sure your Mom is smiling down on you! You are so amazing and I look up to you, more than you know! Enjoy the new lens and those adorable kids!

Sandy said...

You are such a good photographer! And you kids are such cuties! We sure miss you guys!!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Jamie I look up to to you so much!! I want to be just like you! You know excatley what to say and you always make me laugh!! If I dont get my mommy I am so lucky to have you as an example I love you!! So Happy Mothers day from your littl sis!!

Heather M said...

Your pictures look great!! The kids have grown up so much since we last saw them. Its fun to keep in touch:)

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Such cute pictures! The color looks is so bright! I love it! Well, sadly, I am still working on Grady to just get me a new camera...let alone cool new lens's! Maybe next time he comes to visit you guys, you can drop him a hint on what kind he needs to get me! I'd appreciate it! :) And Happy LATE Mother's Day! You are such an amazing Mommy to your sweet kids...they are very lucky to have you!

Sandy said...

I love looking at your pictures. They are always so cute. But I really love listening and learning about what a great mom you had and what she has given to you as a mother to your children. You are such a great mom. So is Whitney. Your mom was an awesome mother to you all. I love you!!!