Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Talan turns six

For the past few weeks all I have heard from Talan is "its almost my birthday" and then all last week "six more days til more birthday, five more days til my birthday," etc etc I guess you could say someone was excited. He even kept snooping around the house looking for his presents unfortunately he found all of them except one. Sigh.
Regardless the day was a HUGE success!
Of course to start the day off, we did the traditional birthday balloons, somehow I missed a picture of that, (say what?!!!) and then of course the traditional birthday breakfast as well.

Then me and Easton and Avery met Talan for lunch at his school.
After school we came home and then headed to Peter Piper Pizza (one of my personal favorite places to go) with a couple of Talan's friends who games and pizza and then back to our house for cake and ice cream and presents. 
Opening presents
Birthday cake
Lastly, tonight me and Talan took his brand new electric scooter out for a spin. While we were out I asked him a couple of questions. 
What do you want to be when you grow up? Talan said "a missionary" I said awesome and after your mission what do you want to be he said "a cop."
I also asked him what his favorite scripture story was from the Book of Mormon he said Ammon. In fact his exact words were "I love Ammon! He's so cool."
Lastly, I asked him what's your favorite thing to do and what's your favorite part of school?
He said his favorite thing to do is "the monkey bars." And then he said his favorite part of school is "I love doing coloring." 
I am so grateful for Talan. I just love him. And his love of life, and all the good times he brings to our family. His laugh is contagious, he is so obedient, usually I only have to ask him once to do something and he hops up and does it, definitely appreciate that about him. People love to be around him, he has a magnetic personality and he is still our little ladies man. Happy 6th birthday Tal! We sure do love you around here.

No comments: