Saturday, April 2, 2011

Taylor's special day




"I am a daughter of royal birth,
my spirit was born on the courts on high,
my Father in Heaven is king of the earth,
Daughter beloved a princess am I!"


Last Saturday was Taylor's baptism. It was a wonderful day/weekend filled with family, friends and some of the best memories I have yet to make. Taylor's desire to do what is right is so strong. I sure do love her with my whole heart. The morning of her baptism when I went to wake her up the first thing out of her mouth was "I'm getting baptized today!" When the bishop asked her why she wanted to get baptized she said "because I want to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and because I want to return home to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus someday." As a mom, I was so worried whether or not I had prepared her well enough for this big, important step in her life. I was lucky enough to be a fly on the wall during her interview with the bishop, it was during that interview that the spirit confirmed to me she was ready. That night after her baptism, when it was just me and her, I asked her "how do you feel now that you are baptized?" She said, "I feel like it's a brand new life." So sincere and true. I feel so blessed to know what I know and to be surrounded by the most amazing people out there. My cup really does overflow. I have so much to be grateful for and this little girl is right on top of the list.

7 comments:

buchanancasa said...

This post has me grinning from ear to ear. It was such a special time, thanks for letting us be a part of it! Taylor is a beautiful girl and we are so grateful to have you all in our lives! xoxo

buchanancasa said...

P.S. Beautiful inside and out is what I meant to say, oops. Oh and I love that you included the pic of Easty with his chocolate milk. Real life, baby! xoxo

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Such a big day! Loved the post. Love the pics. Where did you get that adorable dress you are wearing?

Lynette said...

It couldn't have been better in my opinion! We had such a wonderful time. Love and miss you! Congratulations Tay.

Diane... said...

IT WAS A SPECIAL DAY FOR A SPECIAL GIRL...TALK ABOUT ALOT OF SUPPORT AT THE BAPTISM, WON'T BE LONG BEFORE IT WILL BE A WEDDING...TRUST ME JAMIE...IT HAPPENS FAST!!!

Sandy said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day for a wonderful girl. What a great support she had. It brings tears to my eyes. Can't believe she is this old. What a great family you have. Congrats Tay! Love you!!!

Moleff Family! said...

Congrats Taylor! she looks too beautiful and glows! What a wonderful day for all of u!! WE love and miss u!!