Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taylor's Book Report Project

Over Taylor's track break she was suppose to read a book and then do a little project of some sort to take back to school for it. Last night she finished her book and I asked her what she wanted to do for it. I was thinking something simple, like draw a picture. Nope. She had other ideas. She wanted to make a diagram. I asked her "You sure? Don't you want to do a picture?" It had been a long day and I was tired. But she was sure. So that's what we did. I cut the lid off of a shoe box that we had and covered it with white paper, and then cut a piece of old carpet that we had in our storage room for her to put in it and then I let her do the rest. It was actually really fun to do this quick little project with her and she was so proud of the end result. She asked if she could show it to all her friends that were in another class. And then when I told her to put a bag over it to protect it on the way to school she said she didn't want to, I think because she had big plans to show it to everyone she came in contact with. It's nothing fancy, by any means but I think it's SUPER cute. Especially since for the most part, she did it all by herself.
Here she is with Chase, he had to get in on the action, posing for a picture last night after she was done. She choose to do her book report on Junie B. "toothless." It's a story about Junie B losing her first tooth. Something we know a lot about these days....Taylor has already lost a total of 6 teeth! Anyways, if you look close to the diagram you will see that Taylor made a bed, a dresser, and Junie B after she found the money the tooth fairy left her for her tooth. She even went so far as to tell me what each drawer was for in the dresser. I loved when she told me that Junie B. didn't have a tumbling clothes drawer because she doesn't take tumbling. She really put a lot of thought into it. Speaking of fairies, here's a little sidenote, Taylor is completely obsessed with fairies these days, but that's another post....


I look forward to doing a lot more fun projects with the kids like these in the future. I just don't think we will wait until the day before it's due again to do it. :)

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

How cute!!! You got some cute kiddiesa!!!

Cindy N. said...

You guys are awesome, I love it, I'm sure she had the best book report in her class! And I can't believe she has already lost 6 teeth! Gavin is at 4, or maybe 5?! Chase has lost 1.

Unknown said...

great job you cute Az girl to be~