Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Chapter

IT'S OFFICIAL! We are moving. We have talked a lot about this with the kids. It's fun to see their reactions. Taylor is sad one minute to be leaving her friends and school and then excited the next. Especially when she thinks of being so close to her cousins. I wonder where she gets that from?? Chase is so matter of fact about it...the other day I was packing for a quick trip to St. George when Chase kept bringing up his toys and setting them by all the clothes I was packing. One by one he did this. Finally I asked him what are you doing? "I am packing for the move with you." I explained to him what I was really doing and that the move wasn't happening now but soon and so then he proceeded for the next couple days to ask, "are we bringing our wii with us? are we bringing the walls with us?" Not much emotion at all from this kid, he just wants to know the facts. And our sweet Talan is just along for the ride. However, like Taylor and Chase, I know he's going to miss his little friends, who he is VERY possessive of. If you ask him do you wanna play with so and so, he always answers with a "MY" so-so. I was at a dear friend's house yesterday and I saw a picture of our girls together, and I was overcome with emotion. Oh, how I love my kid's friends and my sweet nieces and nephews. I have watched so many of them grow since birth. My cute nephew who is 10 years old calls me at random just to say hi and to talk. I hope he still does.

This is such a bitter sweet thing for us all. I have so many emotions about this they are constantly changing. Very happy to all be together again, sad to be leaving family and friends, excited for all that this new adventure holds for us. I am ready for this change. Although, let it be know, you can't get rid of us that easy, this is NOT a good-bye, we will be back to visit and you better believe I expect lots of visits from all of you too! We will have an open door policy in our new home, you are all welcome to come and stay with us anytime. I have always lived in Utah, born and raised, I love it here! It is home. But I am excited for this new chapter in our lives. I have met some wonderful people while we have lived in Herriman who have touched my life, helped me grow, and made me a better person, mother, wife, and friend all through your examples. Thanks for being so influential to me. I know you were brought into my life for a purpose. And watch out Arizona cause here we come!

17 comments:

Diane... said...

you know Jamie we are SOOo o o .. . . ready for you and your family!!! Just wish that your folks had moved here 30 + years ago!!!!!!! I know that you will love it here...you guys fit any/everywhere!!!

Brittany Savage said...

Congrats! I will miss you guys.

Kristine said...

How exciting and sad at the same time! What a positive attitude you have towards it all. What an example! I sure admire you and will miss you dearly. I am happy to hear you will be moving to some place you have family! Good luck with all the upcoming decisions from here--let me know if I can help you in any way!

Marie Nelson said...

What a sweet post! I'm sure this is so difficult for you but.....like you said, you will all be together as a family and you have sooo much family here waiting to welcome you! A new life adventure!

Shanna said...

Oh Im so sad to hear your leaving but I know you guys have been talking for a little so GOOD LUCK! you will be greatly missed! I hope all is well & everything goes smooth for you guys, Please call if you need anything, a sitter, dinner whatever!

Melissa & DJ said...

Taylor told us all in the car today and I wanted to cry. They were all so cute about the pen pals they could be and watching fireworks when you came back and Christmas. I think its great you all geat to be together again though. I know what thats like and I understand. Know you have affected my life in so many great ways and I will keep in touch with you to have just a little of that in my life even with you gone!

Good luck with the house. I hope it all sells quickly so you guys can be together when its all time.

Carla said...

Where ever you go you will succeed. Wishing you and your family all the best. XOXO

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I am such a baby as I sit here with the tears a rolling!!! I have taken for granted the fact that you are only 5 minuets away!!! I can promise I may not be as cute as Tannon but I will call you all the time!!! Holden asks everyday to play with his cousin Chase Talan and just recently Easton the baby HE like Mario he said!!! I do know I will have to invest into a mario game!!! Yikes!! WE will miss you!!! But I promise I will visit as much as I can!!! Love you!!!

Carlson Family said...

Colt told me you were moving and I had hoped it was down the road from us...but found out its not. :( Good luck with everything!!!

Rita said...

I'm sure you and your family will be missed but we are excited to have you guys live here!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Yeah I can't talk about it yet maybe with time:(

Casie said...

I understand all your emotions. I went through similar feelings when we moved down here to Vegas. Good luck with the move! How exciting for your family!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

So excited for you guys! Sure excited for us to come visit in the warm sun too! Your family has really had an impact on our family as well! I'm sure Cort will miss taking Bran to the doctors to get his head or face stitched up...after a fun bike ride, Bran has enjoyed taking Cort to the airport and they can talk about their Invicta Run or whatever they talk about.. You have been a great example to me as well and we will miss seeing you around! Your kids are darling and we look foward to the new adventures that are ahead for your family! Good luck in all you do!

buchanancasa said...

How did I miss all these posts? I love Taylor's diagram, she was telling us about it the other day, what a go-getter. I am so excited for you and sad for us! But I look forward to staying in close touch and watching the girls and boys have so much fun being pen pals.

RaCeNMoMmY said...

I'm so excited for you. We will miss seeing your sweet family but just so excited for this adventure for you guys. It will all be so worth it when the schooling is all done. Please keep in touch & if we ever make it that way we will stop by for sure.

steph said...

I have been out of it, I am not sure how I missed this. Congrats & good luck on your new adventure. We will miss you guys tons. You have been a huge inspiration to me and my family, thank you. If you need anything please let me know.

Moleff Family! said...

I dont really want to talk about it and just enjoy every moment you guys are still here! I understand but may take awhile to really except it! Love ya!