Wednesday, August 10, 2011

back to school

I can't believe this day is here. Taylor started 3rd grade today and Chase started kindergarten. They both have been so excited for their first day. I know it's going to be a great year.

First day pictures

Chase knew exactly what he wanted to wear for the first day. He picked it all out. Even his shoes. And I let him. :) Doesn't he look great!

Taylor kept saying this is going to be her best year yet and when I asked how come, she would say cause "3rd grade is always the best!" Love, love, love her!

Walking to school. We seriously live like one block from the school and if it weren't for this heat we would walk every day! We were glad to run into to some of our great Arizona friends on our way.

Chase found his name right away

Chase did SO good. I knew he was a little nervous. When I hugged him goodbye I could feel his little heart pounding away. But he didn't let it show. He walked right to class when the bell rang and his teacher Mrs. Dill put him right to work as her helper with the door. He looked back a couple of times and blew me a kiss when it was time to go. When did these kids get so big!?? I don't remember okaying their growing up! So bitter sweet!

Where's Chase?

After we dropped off Chase I HAD to go peek on Tay. She spotted me through the window and waved at me with a smile and then gave me a look like "I'm good mom, you can go." I couldn't help it though, and I snapped a quick pic of her! I'm pretty sure the little girl looking at me in the picture is wondering what I am doing. Happy First day back Taylor and Chase so grateful I get to be your mom.

Waiting to drop off their best buddies so we can go home.

One last picture of Talan riding Chase's scooter heading home. It's just the 3 of us now...and it's VERY quiet. 1:45 can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Oh I love those kids!!! I cant believe kindergarten is a all day thing there!!! Seriously CHase could teach HOlden what matches and what doesnt. I pik out his clothes everyday!!!

Lynette said...

Now I remember why I don't look at your blog!! It makes me miss you all so much! I wish we could have made san diego work out. You got some great pictures of your kids!
Love ya

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I love Taylers footwork in all her pics..that sweet little model!