Thursday, April 22, 2010

My hero

One thing that I have always admired about Cort is his ability to do ANYTHING he puts his mind too and not just do it, but do it well. This past January he decided he was going to run a marathon, and so he started training and last weekend he did it! Not only did he do it, but he did it in awesome time. 3 hours 41 minutes, I couldn't have done it that fast if my life depended on it. Me and the kids met him at the finish line to cheer him on.

Cort so inpsired me running this race that we both signed up to run the St. George marathon together...WHAT??! SAY IT AIN'T SO, oh but it is!! And as crazy as it sounds I hope we get picked. I also hope that I don't die during the process of running it.
Cort crossing the finish line

GOOD JOB Cort! So proud of you.

6 comments:

Grandma Luann said...

we too are very proud and he doesn't even look tired! Love U Cort!

Carla said...

What a huge accomplishment and fast! Good luck training for the St. George...you are brave! ;)

Good luck on your training. Good job Cort!! :)

Diane... said...

WAY TO GO CORT!!! hOPE MY JIM AND JIMMY GET PICKED FOR THE sT. gEORGE TOO...WE WILL SEE YOU THERE :)

Brittany Savage said...

Way to go Cort!

Cindy N. said...

WOW, that is awesome!! GO CORT! And Go you!! I can barely jog to the mailbox so I don't see a marathon in my near future but I'll be happy to cheer you both on!!! :)

RaCeNMoMmY said...

That's awesome! Way to go Cort! Can't wait to hear about you two in the St George one. Good luck training, your very inspiring. I've just started up running again & plan on doing a half at the end of summer.