Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Longest day of my life

Well it's official, Taylor started 1st grade today! She was SO excited to go and a little nervous I think. We made it a family affair and all of us went to drop her off. We parked the car, crossed the road, and that was it, she took off running to where she is suppose to go to wait and meet her teacher. I didn't even get a kiss or a hug, but I'll make sure I get both when she gets home! All day long, I have been staring at the clock, wondering what she is doing. We even drove by her school, during her first recess to see if we could catch a glimpse of her. She is growing up so fast and I'm so proud of the sweet girl she is. We now are counting down the hours til she gets home, only 2 more to go. I can't wait to hear everything about her day.

She wasn't that excited about me taking pictures this morning, which is so NOT like her, since usually she's my child that indulges me with my picture taking obsession, but this morning she told me I could take 3 total. I did take a couple more than that, but honestly I could of taken a lot more.

Here she is on her first day of 1st grade

Do you think they are going to miss her??

Waiting in line to go in with her class

I don't know how we are going to get through the day without her, but regardless we are SUPER excited for her as she starts this new exciting time of her life; I know she'll do great. Love you Tay!

10 comments:

Cindy N. said...

I LOVE that picture of the boys hugging her-so cute!! We can't wait to play with you guys this weekend!! YEA!!

Shanna said...

oh sad! sorry! It will be a long week but it get better & easier

Melanie Palmer said...

My daughter was in all-day Kindergarten last year and that was so hard for me, especially since she was only five! She loved it and is counting down the days until 1st grade...only 25 more to go *sigh*
They grow up so fast, don't they?!!

Moleff Family! said...

That picture of the 3 of them is to dye for, I love Talan cute hair and pjs. so so cute! Tay is going to be such a heartbreaker someday ya know!:)

buchanancasa said...

Such cute shots! Especially the siblings. It is very twilight-zone to have them gone all day, that's for sure.

RaCeNMoMmY said...

It was a very LONG day. I was so excited for Race to go but then when I dropped him off, I had this sudden rush of emotions & teared up. I missed him so much all day. I think it was harder than kindergarten.
I love the pics you got of Taylor. She's such a beautiful girl. I can tell how mature she is. I really think Race has a while for that. It's so true that girls mature faster than boys. LOL. I got a few pics of Race too, he wasn't too enthused either. Oh well, they're our memories, right?!!!!

Jenny and Mark said...

That first week of 1st grade does seem long for sure. You'll get used to it pretty quick and then start wondering where the day has gone again. And yes, I agree summer went way too fast this year. I hope our warm weather lasts for a while, I always feel like we Utahns get jipped on our summer weather.

Grandma Luann said...

Yah Taylor,

I hope you had a great day. Please call and tell me all about it I love you! Grandma

Carlson Family said...

Wow- they start school early! She looks so pretty for her first day! I bet it was awesome for her!

Sandy said...

That is a great idea with the 2009 card. I'm going to have to do that. Taylor is such a cutie! Maddy doesn't start school until the 24th! It feels weird starting so late!