Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's tradition

Every summer since I was about 10 years old me and my family have gone to Lake Powell. I don't think that I have ever missed a summer without going since then...even when I was 8 months pregnant with Talan. It is and always has been one of my very favorite places to go and now it's one of my kids favorite places to go as well. It really has become a tradition for us. So, even though we had a crazy week last week, with a trip to California, followed by the passing and beautiful funeral of my sweet grandma and then girls camp, we just couldn't pass up the chance to go. I knew if we did I would regret it. I'm SO glad we went even though it was only for 2 days and 2 nights it was well worth it!! And needed on this end....until next year....
Here's me and the kids minus Chase enjoying the water...That's right Chase still has a love/hate relationship with the camera!

However, even though he hates having his picture taken I still managed to sneak one or two pics of my sweet Chasers.

Taylor, Chase, and Holden on the tube. If you look closely at the picture you can see that Taylor is telling us to slow down and Chase is telling us to speed up! I love seeing the different personalities in my kids come out.

Cliffjumping anyone?


Cort and baby Kayson. There are still times after 8 years of marriage, when I look at Cort and my heart skips a beat. I feel so lucky that he's mine.

Talan hanging out on the boat under the tube.

We decided on this trip that Chasers new name now is Chasey Wayne "Speedy" Welker. He really had a need for speed! Here he is with his cousin Holden and Aunt Kaykey taking a turn on the waverunner.

The Peterson granddaughters

Cousins


A good time was had by all. We love Lake Powell.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics, can't wait to see everyone in person....8 more days!

buchanancasa said...

That shot of Taylor saying slow down and Chase telling you to speed up is such a cute one! Definitely one to frame. I love the background of it as well. Glad you guys all had fun.

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

How cute are these pics!!! I love the girls one and the cuz one under did you see the pic of Talan on my blog!!! WE HAVE CUTE KIDS!!!!

erin said...

That looks like fun! Hope you're feeling good these days. Sorry about your Grandma. And...I've just heard about the Lake up by our new house. We'll definitely have to go!

Cindy N. said...

HOW FUN!! I LOVE Lake Powell. Okay, is Chase's middle name Wayne? Gavin's middle name is Wayne! How funny is that! Chase Reed and Gavin Wayne. Our boys will totally rock together at the reunion next weekend!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

wow, look how tan all the kids are! i remember those days, always in the sun. now i just burn.
i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. and i'm glad to see you still got to do your tradition. family traditions are the best!

Carrie said...

what a great tradition! despite being so busy i am glad you made it! :) cute comment about your heart skipping a beat. that happenes to me every once in a while too. i am so glad...cause i guess i am still in love. Lol!! (jk, of course i am)

Moleff Family! said...

oh so fun! I love Lake Powell and want that as a tradition! Good times and great pics!! Gorgeous Family u have 4 sure!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

WOW!! That top pic looks just like Kasey I had to blow it up I thought you mis typed!!!

Cameron Steel Welker said...

looks like so much fun! Man your kids are so brave, Im gona think twice and then again before I ever jump off anything ha ha!