Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter weekend

We had a fabulous easter weekend with a lot of fun activities with family and friends. Saturday the kids particpated in three hunts. They got lots of fun goodies and loved every minute of it.
Here's Taylor and Chase at our annual neighborhood easter egg hunt. We really live in the best neighborhood/street around.


Then here they all are after our little hunt at our house. They were all so into their goodies I could barely get them to look up.

Then over to Grandpa Bryce's for the money hunt. The great grands went first and then it was the "big kids" turn. It's always so funny to watch a bunch of adults run around collecting dollars. We take this hunt VERY seriously.
Here's Uncle Brycie helping Talan, cause Tally really wasn't that into the money hunt. See next pic.


And Bry was the bigger winner this year, just in case you can't tell.

Then on Sunday we spent the day thinking of the Savior and what he has done for each of us. It is so endearing as a parent to hear your children talk about the real reason for the holiday. Taylor and Chase really got into our Easter lesson for Family Home Evening that week. They were asking questions and already knew a lot of the story. It melted my heart. I know this a little late, but I found this clip on lds.org of Elder Holland's most recent talk at ccnference. So worth watching if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc&feature=email

I have spent a lot of time recently reflecting over my life. Over the past couple weeks I have been thinking a lot about past mistakes and things I which I could go back and change. Obiviously I can't do that, but thank goodness I can repent and be forgiven and move forward. The Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ is awesome! What a gift He has given to each of us. I know that He lives.

Here we all are on Easter Sunday after church of course, one of these days I'll get us all ready early enough so we have some time to kill. Maybe when we have 1:00 church again. Hope everyone had a wonderful easter.

15 comments:

Brittany Savage said...

Looks fun. Wish I could have spent some time with the kids.

Jenny and Mark said...

Way cute family picture Jamie!

Carrie said...

Nice post Jamie! Love the money hunt, we do that in my family too. well, it's candy and money. I know what you mean, it's serious business! Elder Holland rocks! And please don't say "1:oo church" again, i am hoping it never happens! Lol!!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

cute family pic & thank you for your testimony!!

Jamie Eskelson said...

What a beautiful family...

Rita said...

What great pics, it looks cold though! Your kids are all so cute!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

We always have fun with the Welkers!!! I love your fam!!! I love are traditions!!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute cute. I love Bryce's face!

buchanancasa said...

That family photo makes all your kiddos look so close in age! Adorable. And thanks for your testimony. I too, am sooo grateful for the Atonement. Where would I be without it.

the Pearce Place said...

What a fun neighborhood! Such a great idea.

Jenna said...

Really cute!!
We all have those things we wish we could take back, you know im right there with ya on that.. but it is about how we choose to live our lives now..I agree i too am greatfull for the Atonment.
Great post jamie!!!

Jodiane said...

Very Cute post. i love Bryce celebrating. Your family is adorable.

Kristine said...

What a great post Jamie. I NEVER get pictures before church as much I would like to when everyone's hair is still done. But your pic looks fabulous! What a cute family you are!

Moleff Family! said...

I just love you! I am too so so so grateful for the atonement! Don't know where I would be without that wonderful blessing!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I don't know if you know this or not BUt Easter was a while ago and I need a blog update!!!!