Monday, August 25, 2008

Update

Seven years
Last week was me and Cort's 7 year anniversary. Hard to believe it's been seven years! 7 years, 3 kids later, and still going strong. I feel so blessed to have Cort in my life he truly is my best friend. He works so hard for our family and always has our best interest at heart.
Here's a couple pictures of us about eight years ago or so, I can't believe it's been that long. I remember when I was younger and eight years felt like an eternity, now I feel like I blink and eight years passes by.....


And here's one of us with Taylor when she was six weeks old. (still can't believe she's in kindergarten.)

For our anniversary Cort planned a little trip for us. We went up to Portland for the weekend while his parents stayed with our kids. It was a nice little break even though I missed the kids like CRAZY.
Cort sort of surprised me with tickets to Phantom of the Opera that first night and dinner at a resturant right on the water. The play was amazing! The special effects were incredible. Of course I forgot to take a picture, (I am so bad at taking pictures if it doesn't include our kids). However, I did have Cort stop by the theater so we could take a picture by the poster on our way out of town at 5am!
And here I am.....

The second day we went to the beach, did some shopping, had some fresh seafood and just enjoyed being together.
Cort really is quite a guy. I know I don't tell him that enough. I look forward to many more years with him. I am a lucky girl!!
Sick day
Well, a couple days after we got back poor Tally got pretty sick. He had a stomach bug of some sort I guess. I made him a little bed in the family room and put in a movie for him and he just laid there and watched it, which he NEVER does. Anyways, I thought this picture of him and Chase was so cute I had to post it. Chase was so concerned about him. What cute brothers.

Growing up
I love this picture of Chase. I took it right before he was about to go to one of his little buddies birthday parties. He was so excited to go. As I watched him get ready to walk out the door, I realized how big he was getting and that's when I decided we needed to take a picture to remember how I felt at that exact moment when I realized he really isn't a baby anymore, he's a little boy. Or as he would say "a big boy!!" Get it right mom!

Campout
The whole fam actually got to go to our ward's campout this year. We had a blast! Chase was totally in his element, as was Taylor. They are true campers for sure. There was a great big hill right by our camp sight that the kids climbed up and down I don't know how many times. We had hot dogs for dinner, roasted marshmallows, and slept in a tent. Honestly, does it get any better then that? Not in my kid's world! Ever since we got home, almost every night in Chase's prayer he thanks his Heavenly Father for the campout. I think it's safe to say we will be going a lot over the years.


Talan is one!
Tally turned one on August 27th. Once again I can't believe it! He was so cute at his little party. When we sang him happy birthday he just stared at us like we were crazy. It was hilarious. I got it on tape, I really need to learn how to upload videos. If anyone wants to teach me that would be great. Of course Tally enjoyed his cake. We had him eat it outside, good thinking on my part. He made a mess and as soon as he was done he crawled right over to the sandbox and started playing. He now plays peek a boo with us with him being the one who hides on his own. He's not walking yet, but he did take his first step at church today, but honestly he's really not that interested in it yet. He loves to eat just about anything, and makes all of us smile on a daily basis. I can't believe he's one. Happy Birthday little guy!!


And I am 32!!
I had the best birthday this year. I felt very humbled by everyone thinking of me on my big day. I truly do have some of the best people around in my life. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by such amazing people who are such wonderful examples to me. I really am so blessed in so many ways. As I look back on the last year of my life and think of all the many times and ways my Heavenly Father has blessed me I am overwhelmed. I am so grateful for the good times and of course even the bad times that have made me better and stronger. Thanks to everyone who made my day so special, it truly was because of all of you, here's to another great year!

15 comments:

buchanancasa said...

An update, finally! Just kidding. That pic of Chase by the front door is so cute, he looks positively giddy. And yes, smart to have Talan eat outside, I should have thought of that with little Sarah. I love how you embrace your birthday. I feel the same way about mine: one year older and wiser, too, right? Another year's worth of memories and accomplishments and learning. And congrats to Talan on his first step, although it just seems too soon for them to be walking. :)

buchanancasa said...

Okay, so the first time I read this post, I couldn't see the old photos and now I can. So cute! Especially that first one. Is that Bryce in the background? Ah, young love! Anniversaries are so fun.

Carla said...

Congrats to your anniversary, your b-day and for being such a good mom to your kids. (They are growing up TOO fast). It is to bad we don't live closer cuz when I see your kids it is crazy how big they are. LOL

Keep the post coming. It is real fun to read!
:)Carla

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

to cute!! You do have a darling fam!! I am glad you had a great day!! and tally!!

Carrie said...

Talan is such a cutie, I bet his first birthday was so fun. I love babies first birthday's. I was watching him at church yesterday thinking, wow, he's cruising around pretty good-so cool that he took his first step there.

Ok, good, I am not the only soap addict, I need to ween myself like you have! JK I honestly could soo live with out it.

Brittany Savage said...

Tally looks so dazed in his sick photo...so not like him. But the pictures are adorable as usual. I wanna go camping with you guys. Put that tent to more use! lol Happy Birthday again to you and Talan!

erin said...

I love those old pictures of you guys! You guys look so cute. Happy Anniversary! What a fun get-away.

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary and Birthdays!! So much going on at the Welker's! You and Cort look exactly the same. Neither of you age! Such cute pics of the whole family! I love the haircut!

Jenny and Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny and Mark said...

I tried to edit my first comment and it ended up deleting so let's try this again. Congrats on 7 years of marriage. I love seeing old pictures-so much fun. Happy Late Birthday(I will be celebrating the same one in a couple months). I can't believe Talon is one already. Don't you think that went by way too fast? I love all your cute pictures-especially Talon eating his birthday cake. I love to let them just dig in on that first birthday!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I cant believe its been that long since you've been married...it seems like yesterday to me! I had fun at your birthday party..Cort is always planning cute things for you.

colin and brooke thompson said...

I love your cute hair cut! I miss baby Taytay. She was so cute!

Shanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday sound & looks like the 2 of you had a ball!

Casie said...

Happy celebrations for everything that's been going on! I can't believe that your youngest is one! Crazy! That picture of Talan and Chase together when Talan was sick made my heart melt. That is precious. That's awesome you two went to Portland. I love that city! I keep telling Josh that I am going to take him on like a month long vacation on the northwest coast one day - he's never been above Disneyland!

Jason | Sarah | Dean | Jane said...

Congrats on 7 years of marriage and three kids!!!