Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Show Low Tri

This past weekend we went up North about 3 hours from here, to Show Low, Arizona, so Cort could race in his first half Iron Man. Not sure how long the swim was, but the bike was 56 miles and the run after that was 13.2. No surprise, he did great. He never seizes to amaze me.
Cort and the kids. Crossing the finish line with their dad. I love Talan's face in it, he is beaming with pride.

Post race


There was a kid triathlon as well that same day. So after we cheered Cort on that morning, it was the Taylor and Chase's turn. And in true Chase and Taylor form, Chase was focused through the entire race, he totally had his game face on and our cute and social Taylor made friends along the way. :) Chase competed against the 7 and 8 year olds, he's still only 6, and took 4th overall in his age group. That kid definitely got the competitive gene. Their first run was a mile, then they did a 3 mile bike ride (which a good portion of it was uphill,) and lastly they did a 3/4 run to end it. The swim was in the lake and so they didn't have the kids do it. I am so proud of them.
Before the race with their friend who did it with them.
Getting ready to go
And they are off!
During the race


Notice here that the water station was at the halfway point on the biggest hill they had to ride up. (This picture really doesn't do this hill justice, it really was quite a climb) We thought that was hilarious. I bet they rethink that one for next time!


Crossing the finish line


After the race. Way to go!

Talan told me last night that he wants to do a run and do a bike race like his daddy. I guess I better jump on this band wagon of tri-athletes as well as sign up for one too!

Our friends the Davis came with us and let us all stay at their cabin in Pine top. The kids did not want to leave. So besides the races, we rode quads, did a zip line, ran around and got dirty and had a great time. They had a swing on their front step and I enjoyed rocking Avery on it Sunday morning and just being in the mountains again. It really is quite breath-taking up there. The weather was perfect, about 60-70 degrees, just how I like it!

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Amazing!!! I am so sad I wasnt there to watch this!! And cheer Cort on!! You both are SO motivating!! I love it!! Wahoo Tay and Chase!!! UGH! MOVE BACK!!!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I would like you to find one here and Ill do it with you after the baby! Also love the kids pics!

Diane... said...

I LOVE THAT THEY FINISH TOGETHER, the kids jump in with Cort and Cort with them...LOOKS LIKE THEY ALL HAVE THE BUG...doesn't surprise me, it's goin' around!!!!