Saturday, May 26, 2012

schools out for summer!

"No more homework, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks!" :)

Today was our first official day of summer! And to be honest, I felt a little sad today knowing that this school year is now officially over. Chase is no longer a kindergartener, Taylor is going into 4th grade this fall, two more years and she's headed to Middle School. (Wasn't I just in Middle School like 5 years ago??) Maybe it's my pregnancy making me ultra sensitive or maybe it's because my kids are growing up and there's a part of me that doesn't like it. And then there's a part of me that loves seeing them develop into who they are meant to be, I just wish it didn't have to happen so fast! It's all so very bitter sweet. At least we have all summer now to spend time together. I plan on making the most of it!

Talan on his 1st day  Aug 2011         Talan on his last day May 2012


Chase on his 1st day Aug 2011         And on his last day May 2012

 

Tay on her first 1st day Aug 2011          Taylor on her last day May 2012

                                                            
And here's Easty Peasty on our very last day alone together. It's been so fun to spend some good alone time with him this year. I'll miss running errands with just me and him and stopping for lunch somewhere just the two of us!
I love my kids! Hooray for summer!

No comments: